Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chronos kai Kairos - Times and Seasons

With time in this “frying pan” season nearly up (which will be followed by the “fire” season - and September seems more and more likely), I want to follow through with more on the subject of timing.

Until we are adequately informed about times and epochs (chronos kai kairos) we find ourselves in the condition Paul described in the following passage as those in darkness upon whom destruction comes.

1 Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief;
1 Thessalonians 5:1-4

I've been blessed to minister in many ways over the years, receiving the most amazing favor, as I see it; which is continually humbling. Of all the ways, I believe it's in this matter of chronos kai kairos that I perceive the highest value. The ability to receive this treasure is beyond mere intellect, depending rather upon character, the character of the Bride. Everything else I minister in is to the end of encouraging this character, which may be seen as an end in itself yet must also be seen as the qualification for being brought into the Lord's confidence to be entrusted with knowledge of His schedule of appointments. A date is merely a date, but having no need of anything to be written to us about chronos kai kairos is another thing altogether!

I can present what the Lord has revealed to me in the most simple manner, yet most won't and can't see it. Many still run to and fro in a prideful way, having to be “the one to figure things out.” That's not how it works. No one figures it out. Sure, effort is required, even great zeal, but it is in a participation with the Lord who conceals and reveals, in an intimate relationship, where this wondrous work happens. I write with confidence knowing full well I've attained what I have by grace, by ludicrous favor.

Here's what I've learned about how the chronos kai kairos have been revealed. There are three elements to this revelation.

There is a reference point upon which the accounting is predicated.
A target week of years has key events laid out according to an established pattern.
There is a key that links that week and the reference point, affixing the “week” to our calendar.

I was given these things in order. First, the reference point; a celestial sign described in Genesis 49. I was given to know that it marked the return of the Lord in judgment on a day in 1991, but how that really fit in the greater context I could not say until the other two elements had been received. Since the time when that remarkable revelation about the celestial sign came, the Lord granted me confirmations of various kinds that He was overseeing the beginning of a notable work, and that I was invited along on the adventure, able to opt in, so to speak. He opened to me details about the target week of years, about some of the events and their dates on His annual calendar cycle and their positioning during that week. In this work He gave me precious insight into relationships between the events, the groups of people involved and the interactions between them - key dynamics. It wasn't long before I became aware that an essential element was missing, the key link between the reference point and the target week. Without the link, I couldn't know when the week would arrive. I learned to recognize when I had something by revelation insight and when I didn't. That's a big deal. I knew with growing confidence that I didn't have the link by revelation insight but was hopeful that biblical and historical patterns would help, trusting that revelation would come right on schedule. I went through many cycles over those years, seasons of extreme trials and blessings that were all quite necessary, it must be said.

You shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.
Deuteronomy 8:2

It won't be 40 years for me like it was for them, but I can relate to the humbling and testing of extended trial.

It wasn't until April of 2008 that I finally received the link by revelation insight, from John 13. That timely word was difficult to receive, but it was welcome and it has been confirmed time and again.

The activity that happens during the target week is what may be seen as the big deal, of course, but without the reference point and the linking to it there could be no confidence in knowing about it in advance, at least not on this level, which I am sure is according to the Lord's purposes.

If you think of the week as a ship on the sea, the reference point is the ship's anchor and the key link is the anchor chain. I long knew where the anchor rests. I now know the length of the anchor chain. I know where the ship is. Even knowing where the ship is, the anchor and chain both still factor into what we need to know, about the context and our confidence in what's been appointed for the future, the more remote and the near.

Will No One Know the Day? Some will! Noah was able to see the progression of the work of preparation. Can you?

More to come, Lord willing!

Recent posts of interest:
"The Coming Great Deception" and the Watching - April 4-5, 2012 (April 3)
The 2012 Watch Day Report (April 6)
A Watchman's Report - The Timeline (April 8)
Those Days Shall be Shortened (April 12)
Will We Have Need of Anything to be Written to Us About Times and Epochs? (April 17)
Sponsorship Request and Signs of Judgment (May 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment